Medicaid Outreach Services
MissionTo enable Medicaid and CHP+ recipients who are pregnant or under age 21 to obtain periodic physical examinations and other health care benefits in order to prevent, detect, or treat health care problems early.
Healthy Communities/Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnosis, and Treatment (EPSDT)Medicaid/CHP+ Outreach Services for Children and Pregnant Women. A Delta County Healthy Communities Family Health Coordinator at 970-874-2174 can answer your questions and or refer you to community agencies that may be able to assist you.
- Outreach, case management, and referrals
- Assistance in making appointments and in complying with medical regimens
- Health information
- Benefit information
- Client advocacy
What Does a Healthy communities Screening Include?
- A “head to toe” physical examination
- A history of your child's growth, eating, and illness patterns
- A look at how your child is growing and developing
- A look at all your child can do
- A look at how your child plays and acts with others
- Identification of all diagnoses (medical conditions)
- Immunizations (shots)
- Health education, you may need
- Adolescent maturnity and family planning services
- Lab tests, such as mandatory blood lead testing, and any other tests, which will assist the doctor
- A plan of treatment
Presumptive Eligibility Site (PE Site)PE is immediate but temporary Medicaid or CHP+ available for children and pregnant women who qualify. You can apply at the Delta County Health Department by calling 970-874-2165.
The Medicine ProgramThe Medicine Program may be available to assist with a one-time purchase of medication for those who qualify and assistance in applying for an ongoing medication assistance program. For more information, call 970-874-2165.
Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnosis, and Treatment, State of Colorado
Delta County Healthcare Providers That Accept Medicaid