2022 Land Use Code Update
Delta County's 2022 Land Use Code Update
On December 7, 2022 at 8:30 am, the Board of County Commissioners will hold a public hearing to consider a Certified Copy of the 2022 Land Use Code Update ("2022 LUC"), as recommended by the Planning Commission. This hearing will be held at the County Administrative Building located at 560 Dodge Street, Delta, CO 81416. A Certified Copy of the 2022 LUC can be viewed in hard copy at the Planning Department (295 W. 6th Street, Delta), or electronically at: 2022 Land Use Code Update.
The public is encouraged to attend to provide comments or submit written comments to the Planning Department. Comments can be submitted via email by sending them to email@example.com. Comments can also be submitted in hard copy by sending them to: Delta County Planning Department, 295 W. 6th Street, Delta, CO 81416.
On September 21, 2022, Delta County released a Public Draft of the 2022 Land Use Code Update. This Public Draft reflected multiple discussions/work sessions with the Board of County Commissioners, Board of Adjustment, Planning Commission, and Stakeholders (12/8/21-9/19/22). The purpose of this update is to address issues/concerns raised since the LUC was first adopted January 2021 and clean up formatting so the document is more user-friendly (See 2021 Delta County Land Use Code for reference).
Public Hearings were held by the Planning Commission on October 12th, October 26th, November 9th and November 16th where they addressed comments received on the Public Draft. In addition, the Board of Adjustment held a Public Hearing on October 13th.
Some notable changes include (See Summary of Changes):
- Changing the Urban Growth Area (UGA) zoning designation to an overlay to apply where higher density and/or mixed-use development can occur.
- Adding Residential 2.5-acre (RES-2.5) and Residential 1.0-acre (RES-1.0) designation to apply where a smaller lot subdivision is appropriate.
- Deleting the Variation to Lot Size process and criteria.
- Clarifying terminology and process for division of land.
- Clarifying Allowed Uses versus Permitted Uses and incorporating the procedural requirement of the Development Application Ordinance.
- Establishing standards for Renewable Energy Facilities.
- Establishing standards for Wireless Communication Facilities.