Safety and SanitationConsumer Food Safety

  1. Food-Related Complaints
  2. Foodborne Illness
  3. Temporary Food Service Events
  4. Preventing Contamination

What should I do if I have concerns about a restaurant or grocery store? Or if someone appears to be unlawfully selling a food item?

  • Contact the food service establishment and advise them of your concerns.
  • Call the Environmental Health Division, (970) 874-2165, to report your concerns. The complaints can be made anonymously, and inspectors will promptly inquire and inspect the subject business. As much information as you know regarding your concerns must be made available to the Division so a complete investigation may be made. Please leave your name and number with the Division for follow-up; or
  • Fill out and submit the online Restaurant Complaint Form.

Safety and Sanitation Industry Food Safety Resources

Dates of current online training are in the calendar below.  Additional training options are provided in the links below the calendar (under "Food Handler Training").

Food Basics Classes- join us:

Monday, November 16th at 3pm  undefined Opens in new window

Tuesday, November 17th at 2pm  undefined Opens in new window

Wednesday, November 18th at 9am undefined Opens in new window

Thursday, November 19th at 9am undefined Opens in new window

Thursday, November 19th at 2pm

  1. Quick Reference Resources
  2. Licensing Requirements
  3. Food Handler Training
  4. Food Production
  5. Wholesale Production
  6. Inspections 

Open and Print these Quick Reference Guides!